Offutt AFB PCS News
- Offutt hosts 'Real Talk: Transition' retirement programby Kendra Williams. 55th Wing Public Affairs on December 5, 2022 at 4:00 pm
Offutt leadership held a professional development event focused on preparing those retiring from the military on Nov. 22, 2022.
- Long-standing ties help wings optimize mission integration, interoperabilityby 55th Wing Public Affairs on December 2, 2022 at 5:40 pm
As a Lead Wing, the Fightin’ Fifty-Fifth continues to look for ways to further develop its mission integration capabilities by leveraging long-standing ties with other Air Force units as well as with its coalition partners.
- New Wi-Fi comes to Offuttby Charles J. Haymond on December 1, 2022 at 7:45 pm
The Enterprise Information Technology as a Service network brought new wireless fidelity to Offutt Air Force Base Nov. 23.
- Wings, Blue Angels promote 2023 Guardians of Freedom Airshowby 55th Wing Public Affairs on November 24, 2022 at 1:00 am
The calendar might still say 2022, but the 2023 Guardians of Freedom Air Show was all the talk during a joint press conference at the Lincoln Airport Nov. 21, 2022.
- OAC gifts turkeys, hams to service membersby J.B. Artley on November 21, 2022 at 5:13 pm
The Offutt Advisory Council handed out turkeys and hams to service members and their families at Offutt Air Force Base Nov. 18, 2022, in preparation for the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Female commanders lead hunt at exerciseby 55th Wing Public Affairs on November 18, 2022 at 12:00 am
Units from across the world are currently participating in exercise Resolute Hunter, a multi-national and joint service exercise taking place through Nov. 18, 2022, at Naval Air Station Fallon.
- US, UK, Australian and Canadian forces operate as a combined force in exercise VIRTUAL FLAG: Coalitionby Deb Henley, 505th Command and Control Wing Public Affairs on November 17, 2022 at 11:24 pm
“Fights on” loudly echos across the battlespace kicking off exercise VIRTUAL FLAG: Coalition 23-1 at the Distributed Mission Operations Center at Kirtland Air Force Base, New Mexico, and distributed sites across four countries, during the first […]
- Stripes to bars: Offutt Airman receives SLECP-O commissionby DoD News on November 12, 2022 at 4:00 pm
Tech. Sgt. Kevin Sequeira, 55th Contracting Squadron contracting officer commodities and services, was recently selected for the Senior Leader Enlisted Commissioning Program - Officer Training School.
- Fightin’ Fifty-Fifth participating in exercise Resolute Hunterby 55th Wing Public Affairs on November 11, 2022 at 1:00 am
The 55th Wing is participating in exercise Resolute Hunter, a multi-national and joint service exercise at Naval Air Station Fallon through Nov. 18, 2022.
- Fight the Flu – It starts with you!by Greg Chadwick on November 8, 2022 at 7:35 pm
Concerned about catching the flu? We are all at risk for getting and spreading the flu. Learn how to fight the flu – it starts with you!
- 170th Group’s new squadron helps grow RC-135 maintenance communityby Charles J. Haymond, 55th Wing Public Affairs on November 4, 2022 at 8:55 pm
The 170th Group of the Nebraska Air National Guard recently established two new squadrons to help nurture its Total Force partnership with the 55th Wing.
- Lodging divestiture, right-sizing underway to ensure future mission successby DoD News on November 3, 2022 at 1:00 pm
The Department of the Air Force is divesting lodging operations at nine installations and right-sizing facility capacity at others to meet a Defense Department requirement that all lodging is self-sustaining without taxpayer funding.
- See Yourself in Cyber – a call to action from CISAby Nicholas Brand, Cybersecurity State Coordinator - Nebraska on October 31, 2022 at 1:00 pm
“See Yourself in Cyber.” That is a tagline you will surely start seeing more often as those of us with the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) work to help ensure a secure and resilient critical infrastructure for the […]
- Identical twin doctors serve together at Offutt AFBby Kendra Williams, 55th Wing Public Affairs on October 28, 2022 at 11:00 pm
Visitors to the 55th Medical Group’s Women’s Health Clinic at Offutt Air Force Base may think they’re seeing double. Doctors Vinay and Vijay Setty are identical twins who serve as OB-GYN doctors.
- Offutt receives new RC-135 flight simulatorby Dana Heard on October 28, 2022 at 1:26 pm
Pilots and navigators will now be able to train on the latest Baseline-Charlie avionics technology at Offutt Air Force Base following the recent delivery of a new RC-135 flight simulator.
- Team Offutt to participate in Bellevue Veterans Day paradeby L. Cunningham on October 26, 2022 at 8:57 pm
November 11 is Veterans Day, a celebration and remembrance of all who raised their right hand and took an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, with their lives. What began in 1919 for the […]
- Offutt hosts KUDOSby Kendra Williams, 55th Wing Public Affairs on October 21, 2022 at 9:09 pm
Offutt hosted a Kids Understanding Deployment Operations event at Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska, Oct. 15, 2022. KUDOS is a program developed to provide military children with a deeper understanding of their parents’ deployment process.
- DAF senior leaders amplify SecDef directives for reproductive health careby DoD News on October 21, 2022 at 2:27 am
Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III announced that the DoD would ensure service members and their families can access reproductive health care within its authority and consistent with applicable federal law, in addition to clear guidance for […]
- Offutt supports UNL AFROTC cadet leadership trainingby L. Cunningham on October 18, 2022 at 8:58 pm
Maj. Jonathan Ruiz, 55th Wing director of staff, recently gave a lecture to Air Force ROTC cadets at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Maj. Jeffrey Mattheis, AFROTC Detachment 465 recruiting officer, contacted the 55th Wing to provide a lecture on […]
- Annual DoD Housing Survey for privatized housing tenants begins Oct 17by DoD News on October 17, 2022 at 2:01 pm
The Department of the Air Force requests tenants of privatized housing and government-owned family housing to provide their feedback of the program via the annual DoD Tenant Satisfaction Survey beginning Oct. 17.