Offutt AFB PCS News
- Airman’s Attic modifying operations to improve supportby 55th Wing Public Affairs on October 15, 2021 at 3:47 pm
The Airman’s Attic is transitioning its operations to provide better support to Offutt’s most valuable asset – its Airmen and their families.
- Fightin’ Fifty-Fifth expanding Non-Kinetic Operations Coordination Course offeringsby 55th Wing Public Affairs on October 14, 2021 at 9:13 pm
Due to the success of its Non-Kinetic Operations Coordination Course, the 55th Wing is expanding its availability and developing additional offerings as one of the Air Force’s leaders in NKO.
- Offutt's LeMay Aero Club relocates during runway rebuildby Dana Heard, 55th Wing Public Affairs on October 14, 2021 at 8:39 pm
The LeMay Aero Club and Flight Training Center continues to operate out of the Plattsmouth Municipal Airport’s Doug V. Duey Field, following its closure at Offutt Air Force Base Feb. 28, 2021, as a result of the runway replacement project.
- 55th Wing strengthens Agile Combat Employment capabilitiesby 55th Wing Public Affairs on October 8, 2021 at 5:18 pm
The 55th Wing recently deployed an RC-135 Rivet Joint aircraft to a simulated forward operating base at MacDill Air Force Base, Florida, as part of Operation Agile Warhawk, an exercise designed to test the wing’s Agile Combat Employment […]
- Offutt flood reconstruction starts with base lake projectby Charles J. Haymond, 55th Wing Public Affairs on October 8, 2021 at 4:55 pm
The process of rebuilding the operational and recreational facilities in the southeastern portion of the installation lost in the 2019 flood is set to start with the award of a $16.8 million contract for the Base Lake Campus.
- Offutt Fire Department announces Firefighter of the Yearby L. Cunningham, 55th Wing Public Affairs on October 7, 2021 at 10:00 pm
The Offutt Fire Department announced the selection of James Liptrott as Firefighter of the Year
- SELM tests 625th STOS targeting operations, airborne launch systemby Justin Oakes on September 24, 2021 at 9:45 pm
Bombers are synonymous with Eighth Air Force, but “The Mighty Eighth” has a role within the intercontinental ballistic missile leg of the U.S. nuclear triad as well.
- RAO offers resources for retireesby Kendra Williams, 55th Wing Public Affairs on September 24, 2021 at 8:38 pm
The Retiree Activities Office at Offutt recently reopened after being closed from March 2020 to June 2021 due to COVID-19 precautions.
- Myths and facts about the vax — debunking common COVID-19 vaccine mythsby DoD News on September 23, 2021 at 11:05 am
The COVID-19 vaccine has been mandated across the Department of Defense and despite its demonstrated effectiveness and safety, a host of myths have left some Airmen and Guardians hesitant to receive it. While social media posts and some news outlets […]
- Navy MUSE team watch wraps up at Allman Maintenance Facilityby Charles J. Haymond on September 16, 2021 at 5:21 pm
Naval Facilities Engineering and Expeditionary Warfare Center (NAVFAC EXWC) Mobile Utilities Support Equipment (MUSE) deployed two technicians Aug. 25-30, to conduct testing to ensure the equipment was ready for removal to its next destination.
- Heartland of America Band: Soothing the savage beastby L. Cunningham on September 14, 2021 at 10:33 pm
What can soothe, inspire, console, and bring back memories from long ago? It can electrify your surroundings, and make a person start to dance. Some people say it can even soothe the savage soul. It is music and the talents of musicians as they […]
- 55th Communications Squadron seeks redesignation as 55th Cyber Squadronby 55th Wing Public Affairs on September 10, 2021 at 8:30 pm
The 55th Communications Squadron recently met all objectives required by the Air Force’s Cyber Squadron Initiative and is seeking redesignation as the 55th Cyber Squadron.
- Department of the Air Force releases reports on Racial Disparity Review update, second disparity reviewby DoD News on September 9, 2021 at 5:59 pm
The Department of the Air Force released a progress update on the Inspector General Independent Racial Disparity Review and a second disparity review report Sept. 9.
- Department of Defense Guidance for Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination Attestation and Screening Testing for Unvaccinated Personnelby DoD News on September 9, 2021 at 12:49 pm
Today, the Department of Defense released Force Health Protection Guidance (Supplement 23) which provides guidance for implementing additional force health protection and workplace safety measures directed by the White House Safer Federal Workforce […]
- After seven years as FAO, new 755th OSS commander’s career comes full circleby DoD News on September 1, 2021 at 6:31 pm
At first glance of the new 755th Operations Support Squadron commander’s biography, you quickly see his assignment makes a lot of sense given his many years within the EC-130 Compass Call and 55th Electronic Combat Group community. However, if you […]
- POW/MIA Remembrance Runby L. Cunningham on August 31, 2021 at 9:26 pm
Freedom and the liberties we enjoy come at a cost. The price is great. Imagine being held captive behind barbed wire in unsanitary conditions, while being severely tortured and starved. This nation’s commitment to resolve the fate of many […]
- 9/11 20th anniversary remembrance events to comeby L. Cunningham on August 27, 2021 at 6:03 pm
This year marks the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on U.S. soil. It is a time to remember the courage of so many firefighters, paramedics, New York policemen and New York’s Port Authority Officers that sacrificed their lives to save others, […]
- Fightin’ Fifty-Fifth marks 55 years at Offuttby 55th Wing Public Affairs on August 13, 2021 at 8:48 pm
The 55th Wing will commemorate a unique anniversary as it marks 55 years at Offutt Air Force Base on Aug. 16, 2021.
- SAC Museum receives stealth aircraft with help from 55th and 155th maintainersby Kendra Williams on August 13, 2021 at 5:15 pm
A team of Offutt and Lincoln Air National Guard maintainers from the 55th and 155th Maintenance Squadrons recently participated in a joint Crash Damaged Disabled Aircraft Recovery training exercise at the Strategic Air Command & Aerospace Museum […]
- I am part of Team 19by Staff Sgt. Jessica Montano on July 30, 2021 at 3:43 pm
“You are, essentially, a part of Team 19.”When I was initially informed I was assigned to document