Offutt AFB PCS News
- Offutt's Airman’s Attic ramps up operationsby 55th Wing Public Affairs on January 18, 2022 at 10:38 pm
After transitioning operations limited its access since October 2021, the Airman’s Attic is ramping up operations starting Jan. 18, 2022.
- Panels pave ‘Road to Squadron Command’by Tech. Sgt. William A. O’Brien on January 18, 2022 at 4:17 pm
The 55th Wing hosted two Road to Squadron Command panels at the Dougherty Conference Center Jan. 10, 2022. The panels, moderated by Col. Kristen Thompson, 55th Wing commander, were designed to help develop young officers who have hopes of one day […]
- 557th Weather Wing flexes its global capabilitiesby David R. Hopper on January 18, 2022 at 2:30 am
Since 2018 the 557th Weather Wing has provided Meteorological and Oceanographic support to the
- ATAC provides recommendations for NAOC replacementby Brian Brackens on January 16, 2022 at 1:00 pm
ATAC Team 11, comprised of junior to mid-level civilian and military acquisition employees from across DAF, took up the challenge in August to provide recommendations for implementing digital acquisition methods for the Survivable Airborne […]
- 488th Intelligence Squadron linguists participate in Operation Allies Refugeby Charles J. Haymond, 55th Wing Public Affairs on December 30, 2021 at 2:00 pm
The White House announced on July 14, 2021, that Operation Allies Refuge was launched to support the relocations of eligible Afghan nationals and their immediate families. This initiative would allow the Afghan nationals and their families who […]
- Planning is key for a smooth transition into retirementby D. P. Heard, 55th Wing Public Affairs on December 28, 2021 at 11:00 pm
Retiring from the military is something many service members start preparing for years in advance. There are many considerations, and each person’s decisions depend on their personal situations and circumstances. A variety of resources is […]
- Chamber hosts annual Operation Holiday Cheerby 55th Wing Public Affairs on December 25, 2021 at 4:00 pm
The Greater Bellevue Area Chamber of Commerce hosted its annual Operation Holiday Cheer event at the Bellevue Volunteer Fire Department Dec. 14, 2021.
- Offutt Airman to participate in Rose Bowl Paradeby D. P. Heard, 55th Wing Public Affairs on December 23, 2021 at 7:00 pm
When the Air Force Band of the Golden West sent out a call asking for volunteers to play alongside them at the Rose Parade, a senior airman with the Heartland of America Band answered the call.
- Holiday Pet Safety Tips: Decorationsby Capt. Christina Novak, Offutt AFB Veterinary Clinic on December 17, 2021 at 3:31 pm
The holiday season is here, and for most pet parents the festivities will include our furry companions. As you and your family begin to hang the tinsel and lights, please keep in mind the dangers decorations pose to your pets.
- CSAF spouse announces Five & Thrive initiativeby DoD News on December 17, 2021 at 1:30 pm
The Five & Thrive platform aims to encourage, support and build thriving military families by tackling challenges and enhancing preventative measures through partnerships and sharing of best practices.
- Offutt remains a ‘no drone zone’ during runway replacementby 55th Wing Public Affairs on December 15, 2021 at 4:57 pm
Even without air traffic due to a $190 million runway replacement project, the 55th Wing commander’s policy remains that all small unmanned aircraft systems, or sUAS, for hobby or recreational use is strictly prohibited on base.
- Remaining Resilient During the Holidaysby Shannon Hall on December 15, 2021 at 4:10 pm
Holidays are a time for traveling and preparing to spend time with families. This can be an exciting
- Offutt’s CAP squadron celebrates 65th anniversaryby L. Cunningham on December 15, 2021 at 3:49 pm
Offutt’s Civil Air Patrol Squadron, General Curtis E. Lemay Offutt Composite Squadron, was stood Dec.1, 1956, and celebrated its 65th Anniversary. It is the longest continuously operating squadron at Offutt and is currently housed in the oldest […]
- Offutt prepares for demolition to begin a new flood recovery project by Sarah McNair on December 14, 2021 at 12:09 am
TYNDALL AIR FORCE BASE, Fla. – Four facilities that support the 55th Logistics Readiness Squadron at
- Department of the Air Force releases COVID-19 policyby DoD News on December 13, 2021 at 6:21 pm
The Department of the Air Force released its policy Dec. 8 outlining the way forward for Total Force military members serving in the Air Force and Space Force who have requested separation or retirement prior to Nov. 2, 2021, or whose COVID-19 […]
- Kansas City Chiefs honor Offutt maintainer in Tribute to the Troops gameby Kendra Williams on December 13, 2021 at 3:41 pm
Airman 1st Class Matthew Posey, an aircraft maintenance analyst from the 55th Maintenance Group, was recognized for his service while attending a Kansas City Chiefs game Dec. 5 as part of an NFL Salute to Service game.
- Offutt AFB annual tree lighting celebrationby Kendra Williams, 55th Wing Public Affairs on December 10, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Members of the U.S. Air Force Heartland of America Band "Offutt Brass" play holiday music at the
- HOAB to perform holiday concert series in original post theaterby 55th Wing Public Affairs on December 9, 2021 at 10:00 pm
While circumstances outside of their control forced the cancellation of their local annual holiday concert series, the U.S. Air Force Heartland of America Band has announced they will perform on base in a venue built exactly for this type of an […]
- Offutt dog handler gets valuable training during his MWD’s surgeryby D.P. Heard, 55th Wing Public Affairs on December 8, 2021 at 2:51 pm
While deployed in Kuwait in May with his military working dog (MWD), Staff Sgt. Steven Ramirez of the 55th Wing Security Forces Squadron felt a lump on his dog’s torso. Lumen, a 7-year-old bomb-sniffing dog, didn’t appear to be in any physical […]
- McCoy awarded lifetime achievement awardby Tech. Sgt. William A. O’Brien on December 7, 2021 at 4:29 pm
Former Chief Master Sgt. Of the Air Force James McCoy, was awarded the Air Force Association