Offutt AFB PCS News
- 55th Operations Group changes commandby L. Cunningham on July 5, 2022 at 3:16 pm
The 55th Operations Group held a change of command ceremony June 30, 2022, at Offutt Air Force Base. Col. Derek Rachel assumed command from outgoing commander Col. John Litecky in a ceremony officiated by Col. Kristen Thompson, 55th Wing commander.
- Offutt chaplains 'ASIST' with suicide prevention trainingby Charles J. Haymond on June 29, 2022 at 9:20 pm
Offutt’s Chaplain Corps conducted a suicide prevention class using the Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training inside the Capehart Chapel June 16.
- 55th Maintenance Group welcomes new commanderby 55th Wing Public Affairs on June 28, 2022 at 9:02 pm
The 55th Maintenance Group welcomed a new commander following an assumption of command ceremony at Offutt Air Force Base June 27, 2022.
- VCSAF leads Air Force 75th anniversary celebration at College World Seriesby 55th Wing Public Affairs on June 27, 2022 at 7:20 pm
The College World Series celebrated 75 years of the Air Force during its Heroes of the Heartland game at Charles Schwab Field in Omaha June 21, 2022. Gen. David W. Allvin, Vice Chief of Staff of the U.S. Air Force, attended the celebration that […]
- Patriot Fest coming to Offuttby 55th Wing Public Affairs on June 27, 2022 at 1:09 pm
Air Force Entertainment Live Stage productions is bringing Patriot Fest to Offutt AFB on July 2. The event will take place on the parade grounds.
- 55th Communications Group changes leadershipby L. Cunningham on June 23, 2022 at 8:35 pm
The 55th Communications Group held a change of command ceremony June 23, 2022, at Offutt Air Force Base. After having led the 55th CG since July 2020, Col. Larry Fletcher relinquished command to Col. Matthew Hensley.
- Passing the torch: Continuing a family legacy of serviceby Tech. Sgt. William A. O’Brien on June 21, 2022 at 3:00 pm
After nearly 30 years of service, a 170th Air National Guard Airman’s final act as an officer was to commission her son, whose first act as an officer was to formalize his mother’s retirement.
- Auburn Tigers baseball team visits Offuttby 55th Wing Public Affairs on June 16, 2022 at 11:00 pm
The Auburn Tigers baseball team visited Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska, on June 16, 2022, as part
- Offutt personnel compete in body composition challengeby Charles J. Haymond on June 10, 2022 at 7:42 pm
The Offutt Health Promotion Office and the Offutt Field House developed a program called the Eight-Week Bod Pod Challenge. The contest is offered year-round and begins for each person when they have their first appointment.
- Fightin’ Fifty-Fifth continues A-Staff planningby 55th Wing Public Affairs on June 10, 2022 at 4:25 pm
The 55th Wing continues planning for its A-Staff with a goal of hitting Initial Operational Capability in September.
- Air Force announces winners of this year’s DAF art contestby Armando Perez on June 6, 2022 at 8:35 pm
The Air Force Services Center recently announced the winners of this year’s Air Force Art Contest. More than 2,240 pieces of art submitted from over 1,600 participants of all ages who used a variety of media. After the month-long contest closed […]
- 97th IS builds camaraderie, morale with heritage roomby Kendra Williams on May 31, 2022 at 7:10 pm
he 97th Intelligence Squadron celebrated the opening of their new heritage room inside Building D with a ribbon cutting ceremony May 26 at Offutt Air Force Base. The 97th IS worked within one of the 137 facilities lost in the 2019 flood and are […]
- Offutt hockey team to compete in Memorial Day tournamentby D.P. Heard on May 25, 2022 at 9:00 pm
The Offutt Air Force Base Marauders will be participating in the 2022 Armed Services Hockey Association Memorial Day Weekend Tournament in Austin, Texas. The event is hosted yearly by the ASHA and the games will run from 26-30 May.
- Offutt AFB hosts 'Battle of the Paws' K-9 competitionby L. Cunningham on May 25, 2022 at 8:45 pm
The 55th Security Forces Squadron hosted “Battle of the Paws” during Police Week on May 19. The K-9 competition consisted of 13 teams, of 55th SFS and local law enforcement members who were judged on three categories; obedience, aggression, and […]
- Annual OAC Offutt Appreciation Day Picnic just around the cornerby DoD News on May 25, 2022 at 6:26 pm
The Offutt Advisory Council Offutt Appreciation Day Picnic returns to the Bellevue Berry Farm from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 3, 2022. Nearly 10,000 Team Offutt members are expected to attend the event, which had been a staple of the base calendar for […]
- Tabletop exercise establishes BOS operations for Lead Wingby Tech. Sgt. William A. O’Brien on May 20, 2022 at 6:13 pm
The 55th Wing held a two-day base operations support tabletop exercise to identify the required manpower and equipment needed for a Lead Wing to operate against a near-peer adversary in a contested environment May 16-17. The team of about 50 NCOs […]
- Flood rebuild efforts begin in earnestby DoD News on May 20, 2022 at 5:19 pm
More than 2,500 contractor jobs are expected to be available over the next few years as work begins in earnest to rebuild portions of the installation damaged by the historic flood of 2019. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the Air Force Civil […]
- Home on the modular range: Temporary facility to save Team Offutt time, moneyby Charles J. Haymond on May 19, 2022 at 6:38 pm
55th Security Forces Squadron received a $4 million temporary Modular Firing Range May 20.
- Tax expert helps Offutt community beyond call of dutyby Charles J. Haymond on May 12, 2022 at 5:11 pm
Sometimes tax season can be dreadful but within the 55th Wing Judge Advocate's office, there is a bright beacon who can take away the tax headaches.
- Offutt continues to influence local economyby J.B. Artley, 55th Wing Public Affairs on May 9, 2022 at 6:39 pm
What was originally established by the U.S. Army as Fort Crook 128 years ago with just a few hundred Soldiers has today become one of the driving forces for the Nebraska economy. According to the latest economic impact statement for fiscal year […]