Offutt AFB PCS News
- ACC leadership team visits Team Offuttby 55th Wing Public Affairs on July 27, 2021 at 5:47 pm
Air Combat Command’s leadership team saw how the Airmen of the 55th Wing and 557th Weather Wing play a crucial role in the defense of the nation during a visit to Offutt Air Force Base July 20-22, 2021.
- 55th Mission Support Group welcomes new commanderby 55th Wing Public Affairs on July 27, 2021 at 4:57 pm
The 55th Mission Support Group held a change of command ceremony at the Offutt Fire Department on Offutt Air Force Base July 23, 2021.
- 55th MDG welcomes new commanderby DoD News on July 9, 2021 at 2:47 pm
The mighty medics of the 55th Medical Group welcomed a new commander during a change of command ceremony at Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska, on July 8.
- Air Force delivers better fitting body armor for female defendersby L. Cunningham on July 8, 2021 at 2:27 pm
The 55th Security Forces Squadron recently issued new body armor to Offutt defenders. What makes this piece of safety equipment special is it was designed to better protect females. For years, female defenders have worn the standard tactical vest […]
- 338th CTS uses VR to enhance their trainingby Charles J. Haymond, 55th Wing Public Affairs on June 30, 2021 at 5:57 pm
The 55th Operations Group at Offutt Air Force Base is using new virtual reality equipment sent from the 16th Air Force to help them maintain their RC-135 training requirements.
- Warhawks welcome new commanderby 55th Wing Public Affairs on June 22, 2021 at 11:42 pm
The Fightin’ Fifty-Fifth, the largest wing in Air Combat Command and the second largest in the U.S. Air Force, welcomed a new commander during a ceremony at the Offutt Parade Field June 22, 2020.
- Military Working Dogs relocate to a new temporary homeby Kendra Williams on June 17, 2021 at 9:01 pm
Four Military Working Dogs and their kennels were recently relocated to a temporary facility near the Satellite Pharmacy on Custer Dr. while awaiting the completion of permanent housing that is currently under construction.
- Closer, But Not Done: Offutt Reaches another Milestone in its Flood Recoveryby Staff Sgt. Jessica Montano on June 15, 2021 at 9:28 pm
A new mission crew simulator, called a Mission Crew Training System or simply MCTS, was revealed at Offutt Air Force Base May 12.
- OC-135B Retirementby Senior Airman Alex M. Miller on June 15, 2021 at 6:33 pm
The final retired OC-135B Open Skies aircraft from the 55th Wing at Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska, arrived at the 309th Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Group at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base June 9, 2021.
- Current PCS, household goods affected by supply shortagesby DoD News on June 14, 2021 at 7:29 pm
According to a newly released communiqué from the Air Force’s Personal Property Activity Headquarters, “Department of Defense demand this peak (PCS) season has greatly exceeded commercial industry capabilities, largely due to resource […]
- Air Force coins official Maintenance Duty Uniform, adds immediate wear of tactical OCP capsby Secretary of the Air Force Public Affairs on June 14, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Air Force commanders of units with aircraft maintenance, industrial and other labor intensive Air Force Specialty Codes will have the option to authorize wear of a standardized, maintenance duty uniform, also referred to as coveralls, which may be […]
- Air Force readdresses women’s hair standard after feedbackby DoD News on June 11, 2021 at 2:10 pm
The change addresses feedback received since the previous guidance was originally published. Specifically, women voiced concerns over difficulty related to securing hair in a manner that does not extend beyond the head.
- Air Force Reserve; Keeping the door openby L. Cunningham on June 9, 2021 at 6:30 pm
Have the unprecedented events of the past year made you think about your life and career? Years ago, information was not readily available to Airmen caught up in military cutbacks, or those wishing they could cross-train out of a career and met with […]
- End of an era as final OC-135 aircraft officially retiredby 55th Wing Public Affairs on June 8, 2021 at 6:11 pm
The 55th Wing officially retired its final OC-135 Open Skies aircraft, tail number 670, during a ceremony at the Lincoln Airport June 4, 2021.
- Shedding light on the invisible wounds of PTSDby Daria Flowers on June 6, 2021 at 8:00 am
June is National PTSD Awareness Month, an opportunity to talk about the signs and symptoms of the disorder, with the goal of reducing stigma and encouraging help-seeking. According to the National Center for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, or PTSD, […]
- Not your average kitby L. Cunningham on June 2, 2021 at 7:10 pm
By definition, a kit is a set of articles, a set of parts, tools or supplies, which can be large or small and are packaged, mailed or transported by working sections. For a support section within the 55th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, a kit is […]
- DAF releases FY22 budget proposal, journeys to the Air and Space Forces of 2030by DoD News on May 28, 2021 at 8:30 pm
The Department’s $173.7 billion request includes the U.S. Air Force and U.S. Space Force budgets. The Air Force’s budget of $156.3 billion is a 2.3% increase and the Space Force’s budget of $17.4 billion is a 13.1% increase from FY 2021.
- Nebraska ANG’s 170th Group welcomes new commanderby Charles J. Haymond on May 28, 2021 at 8:10 pm
The 170th Group welcomes a new commander during an assumption of command ceremony here May 26.
- AF breaks down updated fitness test scoresby DoD News on May 27, 2021 at 2:12 pm
Without the waist measurement as a scored component, push-ups and sit-ups will increase from 10 to 20 points each, while the 1.5-mile run will remain at 60 points. Scoring will fall into five-year age groups, as opposed to the previous 10.
- Assessment reveals Offutt’s Total Force Integration is exceptionalby Staff Sgt. Jessica Montano on May 14, 2021 at 7:04 pm
The 55th Wing underwent a Total Force Association Health Assessment by the Headquarters Air Force Directorate of Total Force Integration April 29 – May 3.